I just got my congratulatory (well, informative, but to me it was congratulatory) email from Kickstarter.com telling me that my project was successfully funded. Of course I knew this, but what a great feeling getting an email like that! I'm still overwhelmed by its success. In the end, I came in with $2,548 dollars. That's nearly double my goal! Very glad for this though, as there are so many things that come up in a project that you don't think to budget for. To me this means less stress and much much more support than I could have ever hoped for. And the support just fuels my fire and excitement so much! What a great community I have!
I won't get to use all the money though. Kickstarter takes its cut, as does Amazon, who processes the transactions. Then there's the 1099 - yep, I get taxed on it. Those are three more reasons I am very thankful my fundraising worked so well.
At the shop currently working on the face. It's looking pretty good! And it's making me see just how much more work I have to go, phew! This is going to take hours upon hours...but so far each hour has been exciting. I get into the shop and I feel anxious. Anxious that it won't work out the way I want it. That I'll let people down. That I'm not experienced enough to pull this off. Then I get to work on it and start thinking of all the successful projects I've done at work, mostly by myself with my boss's guidance. Then I feel better. A lot better. Sometimes I get a part of the mantis done and I just get overcome by giggles! And nothing is even funny! I'll be fine. =]
No comments:
Post a Comment