Monday, August 20, 2012

Mantis sculpture close to completion

I'm awake after about 22 hours of working on the mantis.  I got a on-hour nap in the office at about 3am last night, and another hour and a half after I dropped the parts off at the powder-coater this morning.  I'm back at work now, getting things done for my boss and working on a few other mantis-related details.  There is still so much preparation to do for the burn and for my project and we leave in four days.

At work we got slammed by jobs (mainly building ferret cages for the zoo - expedited) and I must have worked about 70 hours of overtime in less than a month.  Right when I got done with that it was straight back to the mantis (only having 10 days to complete it) and I've been working 12-hour days up until this long one.  I'm so beyond exhausted I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even enjoy the burn at all.  Ha, that was a silly thing to say, of course I'll enjoy the burn!

I'm very excited to have a minute to relax and breathe, get back to yoga, watch a movie, be normal.  A break from projects is needed.  Time to do nothing.  And love it.  And feel I earned it.

Here are a couple of photos from last night.  More to come when we pick it up tomorrow, freshly coated dark green, and assemble it again to wire up the LEDs and possibly shoot it with a sparkly clear coat (if there's time and I can afford it).



No comments:

Post a Comment