Haven't posted in a while because I'm still in the desert... but not for long! Headed out in one week to Europe (finally). I meant to do it last summer, but couldn't save up enough. Then last year happened, the busiest year at work to date, and I have been saving the whole time. We've got a couple extra hands at work to help Chris while I'm away, so I've planned out two months this summer in England, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, and hopefully a few eastern European countries like Hungary, Czech Republic, and Austria. It's not entirely planned out, as you know I like to fly by the seat of my pants, but I do plan to spend the first week and a half in England, seeing friends from PSF (Peru), then a week with a Belgian friend (also from PSF) and some of his friends, who I will be renting an RV with and touring through France to visit the Mont St. Michel and hopefully Paris. From there I'm still trying to figure out if I should go up to see Holland, or go down through France and eventually to Barcelona, where I am looking forward to seeing the work of one of my favorite architects, Gaudí. The middle of the trip is a little fuzzy right now, but I want to make my way from Budapest up through Vienna and Prague before finishing off my trip in Berlin with another friend from PSF, Stefan, who lives in Germany. I will get back to the US when all my friends are returning from Burning Man (first time skipping it in three years!)
Cross your fingers that I don't get pick-pocketed!

No comments:
Post a Comment